- The Company’s main programmes for enhancing the level of occupational safety:
- the modernisation of emergency shutdown systems;
- the prevention and management of emergency situations;
- monitoring compliance with occupational safety requirements;
- ensuring safe work conditions;
- measures to protect workers’ health;
- training of the Company’s employees in occupational safety.
Investment in enhancing occupational safety in 2017 amounted Data given without joint and foreign assets. to RUB 54 billion.
In 2017, the Company did not have any accidents or manmade emergencies at its production facilities. The number of accidents involving equipment (incidents) decreased by 8.5%. To the Company’s deepest regret, fatal accidents were not eliminated entirely, but their number decreased from three in the previous year to one last year.
The Company is doing everything possible to prevent such a tragedy from repeating. The special commission that was formed to investigate the incident conducted a detailed analysis, identified its causes, and took action to minimize the risk of such an incident reoccurring.
Gazprom Neft continues to develop a system to prevent emergencies. The Company held 370 exercises and training sessions on civil defence and emergency situations, an increase of 14% compared with 2016. The themes of the events were determined in accordance with the specific production activities in a particular region.
The corporate employee health safety system includes:
- disease prevention (accreditation of clinics, thorough medical examinations, and the formation and monitoring of risk groups for cardiovascular diseases);
- emergency response (first aid/medical assistance, transportation to clinics, first aid training);
- promotion of a healthy lifestyle (organizing vaccinations, promoting a healthy lifestyle, preventing alcohol and drug use, and an insurance system).
As it develops responsibility throughout the entire supply chain, Gazprom Neft is introducing a new health safety focus – ‘Contractor management’ – in which the Company controls medical examinations by employees of contractors and organizes effective emergency medical responses for them, among other things.